|Ease of Use||No Ratings|
GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration- Interface. You can use it to build up a database with an inventory for your company (computer, software, printers…). It has enhanced functions to make the daily life for the administrators easier, like a job-tracking-system with mail-notification and methods to build a database with basic information about your network-topology
1) the precise inventory of all the technical resources. All their characteristics will be stored in a database.
2) management and the history of the maintenance actions and the bound procedures. This application is dynamic and is directly connected to the users who can post requests to the technicians. An interface thus authorizes the latter with if required preventing the service of maintenance and indexing a problem encountered with one of the technical resources to which they have access.
Computer info on the inventory module
this program is open source and licensed under the GNU/GPL version 2 licence.
The GPL grants the recipients of a computer program the following rights (called freedoms):
1. Freedom to run the program, for any desired purpose.
2. Freedom to study how the program works, and modify it. (Access to the source code is a precondition for this)
3. Freedom to redistribute copies.
4. Freedom to improve the program, and release the improvements to the public. (Access to the source code is a precondition for this)
GLPI is not a software of the public domain. If you modify GLPI or if you redistribute it, you cannot apply a licence which would contradict GPL licence.
Specified: You are free to use GLPI for any activity which is personal, professional or commercial. Within the framework of a commercial activity, the contract that you associate your provision of services should not interfere with GPL licence attached to GLPI.
this looks like a cool program to me..